Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When baking and soaping mix

How fun it is to have time to indulge in experimentations!

Today  I created a soap I have been planning for some time, but never had the opportunity to try out.

I  have yet to name this soap - either "Insomniac Soap" or "Mocha Java".  Either way, it is meant as a scrubbing kitchen soap - the coffee and coffee grounds help remove cooking odors from one's hands.  However, the delicious aroma of chocolate and coffee might send you back to the kitchen to make brownies or other delectable chocolate treats!

The soap recipe reads more like a baking recipe and here is why:  I started out with extra, extra strength brewed coffee and created a cocoa butter heavy recipe - that in itself will make the soap smell like chocolate.  Added to my recipe came a healthy heaping of cocoa powder, and another heaping of freshly ground coffee, mixed with ground cloves and ground cinnamon.  I topped this off with a fragrance that smells just like a cup of Mocha - really delicious!

The soap turned out to be a really deep, almost black brown.  It looks like the most decadent chocolate fudge brownie!  I will posts some pictures - hopefully by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment