Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life is an adventure


Life is as interesting as you choose it to be - I happen to be interested in more things than I can fit into a single day or week.  I take great delight in making things for myself and indulging my varied interests.  Soapmaking, painting, knitting, sewing, cooking and baking – I enjoy them all.  Often, I have lamented the fact that I am not one of those people who require very little sleep.  Imagine all the things I could do if I only needed four hours of sleep instead of my needed eight!­­­­­
The past few months I have rekindled an old favorite – knitting – and along that path have discovered a brand new hobby: handpainting yarn. 
It all started when I taught my daughter how to knit… Kind of like when you give a mouse a cookie…
My daughter put on her Christmas wish list some very special handpainted yarn.  She had found a pattern she liked – a really cute top that she wanted to knit for herself. 
Shopping for the yarn piqued my interest in handpainted yarn.  I wanted to know how it was done, and more importantly, whether I could do it myself.  After researching the subject on the mighty internet, I decided on an acid dye kit available from Knitpicks.  I also added three different bare yarns to complete my kit.
Soon after the yarn arrived, my daughter and I each decided on the colors we were going to use to dye the yarn.  I have to say the whole process was a very fun and satisfying adventure.  Here are the finished products of our efforts (Now I just have to decide what to knit):



  

No comments:

Post a Comment